The Suppliers page contains all the suppliers of the organization using Aidi, including the organization itself. Company/supplier employees are listed as contacts within each of these suppliers.
As mentioned in the “Who are the Users?” section of the User resources and privileges article, a user is a person who logs into Aidi, whereas a contact isn’t necessarily an Aidi user if he or she has never logged in.
Create a Supplier
- From the Initialize menu, select Suppliers.
- Click on the Create button in the top right corner.
- Enter the supplier code.
- Enter the name of the supplier.
- Contact details (address, telephone and email) are not mandatory.
- Select the supplier type : Supplier, Consortium or Client:
- Supplier: Represents a company that is a supplier of the organization using Aidi.
- Consortium: Represents the company at the head of a consortium to which other suppliers can be linked, and which is a supplier to the organization using Aidi.
- Client: Represents a company that is a customer of the organization using Aidi.
- Click on the SAVE AND CLOSE button (or its alternatives) to save.
If you select SAVE AND OPEN, the supplier page will open automatically, allowing you to view details and make changes.
A:The information entered when creating the supplier can be modified as required. A license number and notes can be added.
B: Contact details can be entered or changed at any time.
C: The default status is "Active". You can change it to "Inactive" or delete it by clicking on the 3-dot menu in the top right-hand corner. Certain deletion rules are validated.
D: The tax types and codes associated with this supplier can be entered in this section.
E: Here you will see custom fields set by your organization’s administrators.
F: You can attach documents or a URL link to this supplier.
The suppliers page also contains contacts by supplier. Each supplier groups together all its Aidi-using employees, who are listed as contacts. Employees who do not use Aidi may also be listed as contacts of the supplier. A contact may not be an Aidi user if he or she has never been assigned a user account with the same email address.
Each contact has a number of attributes, including contact details (the email address used to access Aidi) and a job title, which represents his or her position within the organization.
As the organization must be registered in the list of companies, its users must be registered there as contacts.
To create a supplier’s contact:
- Click on Create Contact.
- Enter the contact's email address. If this email address is that of an existing user, this user will be linked to this company. A user can be associated with more than one company by creating him/her as a contact with the same email address in different providers.
✏️Note: If no user exists with the same email address, the contact will not have access to Aidi.
- Enter first name and last name.
- Function is not mandatory, it represents the employment title of the contact with their employer.
- Phone numbers are not mandatory.
- You can decide whether or not to include the contact on all new projects. We refer here to the notion of project contact. See the article on this subject.
The following options are available:
- Never: This contact person can be added manually to a project where his or her collaboration is required.
- All: The person will always be designated as a project contact. They can be removed from the list manually.
- Projects whose main administrative units are the same as the primary administrative unit of this contact: The person will always be designated as a contact on a project in his or her AU. It is possible to remove this person from the list manually.
- Projects whose primary or secondary administrative unit is the same as the primary or secondary administrative unit of this contact: The person will always be designated as a contact on a project in his or her AU and on the projects of his or her secondary AU. It is possible to remove this person from the list manually.
- Select the main administrative unit of this contact. This field is important for the default visibility concept.
- Click SAVE.
✏️Note : The same procedure applies to employees of the organization using Aidi.
Modify Contact Information
You can modify contact information by double-clicking on the line when it is blue, or by selecting Modify from the 3-dot menu. You can also delete a contact from this menu.
Details of the contact
A - Contact Information: Information entered when the contact is created. This information can be modified. You can also define one or more Secondary Administrative Units.
B - Status: The default status is "Active". You can change it to "Inactive" or delete it by clicking on the 3-dot menu in the top right-hand corner.
C - Competencies: Add "tags" linked to the contact's skills.
D - Custom Fields: Additional information can be configured to suit your needs. The items shown here are examples only.
E - Documents: You can attach documents or a URL link to this contact.
F - Calendar: This calendar can be applied in the scheduler. See the Contact calendar article for more details.