The Scheduler is displayed as a Gantt Diagram. It shows the parent task and subtasks associated with the project.
✏️ Note: Aidi limits the number of subtasks levels to 10.
Scheduler Display by Project
You can view timeframes by Day, Weeks, Months, Quarters or Years. To do this:
- Click on the drop-down list and select the desired timeframe
- You can toggle to show weekends or not
Depending on the calendars applied to the displayed tasks, under the Days view, weekends are displayed in light gray and unavailable days in darker gray.
3. It is also possible to manage different view options.
In the View options menu :
4. It is possible to display a line indicating the current day
There are numerous column options to choose from and you can manage them from the View options menu. The column information includes, among others, planned, revised and real start and end dates as well as duration.
5. Click on the arrow in the Available columns section to move the item in the Columns in use section so it will be displayed in the the columns in front of the graph.
6. To remove a column in use, click the X corresponding to the item to remove.
7. Click close when changes are completed.
8. To hide the Gantt chart and display only the columns, click on the Gantt View button. Click again to display the chart.
✏️ Note 1: Duration represents the number of days actually worked, not to be confused with the time required for a task.
Example: A task with a duration of 2 days could be displayed over a period of 5 days if 3 days of unavailability follow the start date of the task.
✏️ Note 2: The diagram displays the days worked by at least one resource, the number of hours worked per resource is not taken into account currently.
Whether you are using the Day, Month or Year view, a slider on the parent task row allows you to change the percentage of progress by moving it with the mouse. You can also change the progress percentage of a subtask in the same way, which adjusts the progress percentage of the parent task at the same time.
This percentage of progress is reflected in the task Synthesis screen.
- Click the stylus in front of the task to open it, or right-click on the task line when it is highlighted to display a menu and select “Open task details”.
- The progress percentage can also be changed in the Synthesis screen by moving the dot on the line. It will then be reflected in the Gantt chart on the task line
- Effort progress is also displayed. This is the percentage of approved effort in the timesheet versus planned effort in the Resources section of the task.
- You can also link task progress to resource effort by clicking on the link icon. In this way, the progress bar will evolve as the completed effort of the task increases.
- When a structure item is linked with the task in the Dependencies tab, an indicator is also displayed below the progress bar.
- Be sure to click Save if you have made a change
Scheduler Display for Several Projects
You are able to display the timeline of several projects at the same time. If no project is set in the secondary side menu, the schedule of all projects to which you have access (e.g. those for which you are a project contact) are displayed.
You are then able to select a project filter, that has been previously created either in the Portfolio or in the Project list, to restrict the projects displayed to what you want to see. To do this:
- Click on Filter.
- Click on the arrow to display a list of existing filters.
- Select the desired filter.
- Click on Save.
You can now see the schedules for all the filtered projects. To view task hierarchy:
- Click on the two-arrow button at the top of the diagram to open all the tasks for all the displayed schedules, or;
- Click on the arrow in front of the parent task you wish to open.