During the course of a project, dates may change for certain tasks, or tasks may be added to the schedule. You can modify the schedule and its tasks at any time, but you may wish to keep the initial version of your schedule, or any version before it was modified. This is called the baseline.
Aidi allows you to save different versions of a schedule.
Setting a Baseline
- Click on the menu More.
- Select Set baseline.
You can create up to 6 baselines.
- In the pop-up window, select the first baseline and name it significantly for easy reference.
- Click Save. The created date will be added automatically when saving.
Display a Baseline
- At any time you can display the baseline by clicking View options.
- Click on Baseline button to view the list of scheduler baselines available.
- Select the baseline you want to display in the scheduler.
- Click Close.
The baseline selected is superimposed on the current schedule in Diagram view.
Display Baseline Information
You can also display the start and end dates of the baseline as well as the duration and planned efforts. The gaps of these elements between the baseline and the current schedule can also be displayed.
- Click on View options.
- In the Available Columns section, select the baseline items you want to display by clicking on the arrow.
- The items displayed will be moved to the Columns in use section.
- Click Close.
Selected information is displayed in the columns in front of the graph. You can also hide the Gantt view to see only the columns by clicking on the Gantt view button.
Here's how the various gaps that can be displayed in these columns are calculated:
- Gap Start Date: Start date of the current schedule minus the start date of the selected baseline.
- Gap End Date: End date of the current schedule minus the end date of the selected baseline.
- Gap Duration: Duration of current schedule minus duration of selected baseline.
- Gap Effort: Current scheduled effort (revised remaining effort + Real effort OR Planned effort based on availability) minus effort of the selected baseline.
✏️Note: Start and end date gap calculations and duration consider actual dates if available, otherwise revised dates will be considered, and if none of these dates are entered, planned dates will be used in the gap calculation.
✏️Note: When a baseline is defined, the remaining duration and progress of tasks are saved for extraction in reports.