Time entry is an Aidi function that allows project collaborators to input the hours they carry out on tasks for you, as a project manager, to review and approve.
When a resource on one of your projects enters hours in a timesheet and submits them for approval, you, as the timesheet approver, receive a notification directly in Aidi and by email.
In the email, you can click on the Go to page button to directly access the timesheet that requires approval.
- In the Notification Center, clicking on the message will take you to the timesheet that needs to be approved
- You can also access timesheets requiring approval by clicking on the Timesheet approval menu.
- Select the resource (contact) for which you want to display the submitted hours.
- Select the period to be approved.
- As long as the time has not been approved or refused, you have the option of making changes, either by modifying the time or,
- Add comments for a specific day or for the line as a whole, by clicking on a note icon.
- As with time entry, in the Display menu you can choose whether or not to display weekend days.
- The remaining time for the task is displayed by default, but you can deactivate it at any time.
- The theoretical remaining time is calculated with the estimated time in the Resources section of the scheduler’s task, by subtracting the hours entered from the estimated effort.
- The remaining revised effort is entered by the resource if they estimate that the theoretical remaining time is not correct.
- If the resource's timesheet contains several rows, you can approve or reject all tasks at once by ticking the box in the top row. The boxes in front of all the tasks will then be selected.
✏️Note: You can also process lines one at a time, allowing you to approve some lines and refuse others.
- When you've made a selection, the Approve/Refuse button appears, which you can click to approve or refuse the selection.
- Click Approve or Refuse to complete the operation.
The resource for whom you have approved or refused the timesheet will receive a notification directly in Aidi as well as by email that the approval has been granted.
In the scheduler’s task related to the time entry, the real effort in the Resources section will be updated with the number of hours that have been approved.