When creating a task in the Scheduler, it is possible to apply calendars to it. These calendars are defined by supplier contact, in the Suppliers page.
- Access the Suppliers page from the Initialize menu
- Select the supplier you are looking to define a calendar for (double-click to open the supplier details page)
- Under Contacts, select the contact you want to define a calendar for and double-click or select Modify to advance
- In the Calendar / Capacity section, choose the calendar to apply
- 7 days: Shows availability every day
- Weekdays: Makes weekend days unavailable, for a contact who never works weekends
- All dates as unavailable: Marks the entire calendar as unavailable. This function can be useful in a case where the contact has very few days of availability. It will then be easier to "deselect" the unavailable days in the calendar than to select the unavailable days one by one.
- Click Apply Calendar so that your choice is reflected in the displayed calendar and select Yes on the pop-up window
- If the contact has other days of unavailability, click on the day or days in question. They will turn red, indicating unavailability. To change an unavailable day to available, click on the day and it will turn white again.
✏️ Note: If the Weekdays calendar has been applied, it is not possible to make a weekend day available. A 7 days calendar will have to be applied in this case.
This calendar can now be linked to tasks in the schedule. A note is added to the calendar section to indicate that the calendar is linked to a scheduler or scheduler/items.
✏️ Note: Please select at least one availability before applying a calendar to a task in a project to allow for duration.