The Cashflow feature lets you break down your budget over time, by pre-determined periods (set by the template). Cashflow allows you to distribute budgeted amounts in percent or dollars over the selected periods.
⚠️Important: To take advantage of this feature, it must be activated in your environment. Contact your Aidi administrator or point of contact to request this.
In a budget with In preparation status, from the Budget Items section :
- Select the 3-line menu
- Activate Cashflow mode. This displays the budget breakdown functionality by period.
- Select the template to be used from the active templates in your environment. Only one template can be selected per budget.
- Select how you wish to distribute the amounts, either as a percentage of the budgeted amount, or in dollars.
✏️Note: If a template was already selected and you wish to select another one instead, please note that all the data you have entered in your existing Cashflow will be reset to 0. A pop-up box informs you of this and allows you to continue or cancel this selection.
When Cashflow is activated, a new section is added to the budget items.
- Regular section of budget items.
- New section: the first column shows the total percentage of cashflow that has been distributed by period. The following columns represent the selected periods where you can distribute the percentages or amounts over each of the periods concerned for each budget item.
You are now ready to break down your budget items by period.
Distribution by Percentage
- Enter the percentage of the amount of each budget item for each applicable period.
- Until the percentages entered add up to 100%, the percentage in the cash flow column will be yellow.
- When the allocation is complete and equals 100%, the percentage in the cash flow column turns green. If the allocation exceeds 100%, it will be highlighted in red.
- Whether in each period or in the Cashflow column, the percentage of the parent line is automatically calculated according to the percentages entered for its children.
📝Example: In the image above, the breakdown is as follows:
100% of $200,000 = $200,000
50% of $100,000 = $50,000
This makes a total of $200,000 + $50,000 = $250,000, which is already distributed
Total amount of parent line: $300,000
Parent line distribution percentage: 250,000 / 300,000 = 83.33%
- Choose between a percentage or dollar breakdown. At any time, you can toggle between % and $, and the amounts will be calculated automatically.
- To delete your allocation, click on the Reset button.
Distribution in Dollars
You can choose to distribute the items in dollars instead of using percentages. You can also use this feature to see the dollar value of the percentages you have specified in % mode, and vice versa.
- The parent row adds up the amounts distributed to the child rows by period.
- The Cashflow column shows the percentage of the budgeted amount reached by the distribution entered.
Cashflow is approved at the same time as the budget. There is no specific cashflow approval flow at this time.
If cashflow functionality is enabled, the total cashflow of each parent line must be 100% or 0% in order to approve the budget.
Important points to consider
📌If the distribution has been made on the parent line, entering an allocation on a child line overwrites the data on the parent line. The parent line is then calculated as explained above.
📌If a distribution is defined on the child lines and you enter a distribution on the parent line, a pop-up window informs you that the child lines will be reset to 0. Click yes to reset the child lines to 0 or cancel the operation.
📌 Budget distribution can only be modified when the budget status is In preparation. For any budget whose status is: Approved, Cancelled, Archived or Pending approval, the breakdown cannot be modified.
📌Creating a new version of the budget resets the cashflow to 0.