Aidi typically treats all amounts before taxes. However, Aidi allows you to create taxes and groups of taxes, which can then be associated with different elements such as suppliers, budget items, etc.
In this article:
Creating Taxes and Groups of taxes
The creation of taxes and tax groups is reserved for those with the Administrator role. From the Admin menu, select Taxes:
The 2 types of elements that can be created on this page are Groups and Taxes.
- Taxes are used to define the taxable percentage by tax type. Taxes are associated with a tax group.
- GST: 5%
- PST: 8%
- A group is a set of taxes. When a group is selected in an Aidi feature, all the taxes in that group are added to the element or item.
Example: The group named GST/PST in the image below indicates that GST and PST are included in this group, and when this group is selected in an Aidi page, such as a budget for example, all these taxes will be associated with the selected amount.
You can customize your own tax groups to suit the needs of your organization.
- Click on the frame set to create a new Group.
- Click on the + to create a single new tax.
Associating Taxes with a Supplier
Once taxes have been created in your environment, you can associate up to 3 taxes with a specific supplier. These taxes can then be used on invoices associated with that supplier.
From the Supplier page in the Initialize menu, select the supplier to whom you wish to associate taxes.
- Select the tax type from the taxes created on the Admin page.
- Click on the check mark to confirm your choice.
- Enter the Tax Code.
Displaying Taxes on invoices
The amounts shown on the invoice are before tax, as with purchase orders and payment requests. However, if taxes have been associated with that specific supplier, the Taxes section of the invoice can be used.
- In the Taxes section, click on Calculate taxes.
- The taxes that will be displayed are those previously associated with the supplier, though they can be modified on this screen.
- The total amount of the invoice including taxes is calculated.
- Individual tax amounts are displayed.
✏️Note: The invoiced amount displayed in the Cost Summary will be the amount before tax. Only the Cost Summary with Taxes report (generated from the Report Center) will show the amount billed after taxes.
Displaying Taxes for financing allowed and project financing
In the modals for creating Financing allowed and project financing, you can enter the amount including a tax group or before tax, and the other amounts are calculated automatically.
In the list of Financing allowed and project financing, amounts are displayed before tax by default, but you can display amounts with tax by selecting the appropriate tax group from the drop down.
✏️Note: This only modifies the display in the list. The amount entered in the Financing allowed or project financing does not include taxes.
The Financing allowed amounts displayed when creating project financing will be the amounts before taxes.
Associating a Tax group with a budget item
In the budget, you can associate different tax groups with different budget items. The purpose of associating a tax group with a budget item is generally used for visualization on the budget page, but the tax group will also be used to calculate taxes correctly in the Cost Summary with Taxes report. However, this step is not mandatory if all your budget items use the same tax group, since the report allows you to select the desired tax group to apply to all. The use of tax groups for specific budget line items should primarily be used to define exceptions for items that are subject to a different tax group.
- To associate a tax group with a budget item, click on the 3-dot menu to the right of the line item in question.
- Select Associate tax group.
✏️Note: If you associate a tax group with a parent item, all child-items of this parent will be associated with the same tax group. This will overwrite a previously selected tax group on a sub-line. It is possible to select a sub-line later to modify its tax group if required.
- You can display the names of the tax groups associated with each budget item. To do so:
- Click on the 3-line menu.
- Activate taxes.
✏️Note: All amounts are shown without taxes in purchase orders, contract amendments, payment requests and cancellations.