In the life cycle of a project, the people responsible for its implementation are appointed at the start-up phase but that can often change. When a change occurs, you will want to register this in Aidi so the new project manager is informed and has access to all necessary permissions to work.
In this article, we'll show you how to make this change in Aidi.
To register a change of project manager, you must have Administrator access or be registered as a contact in the project already with necessary permissions to make this change.
If necessary, contact your Aidi account administrator about this.
From the Initialize menu, click on the Projects tab.
Find the project in which you wish to define a project manager and click on the Details button on the right to open the project dashboard, or double-click on the project line.
From the project dashboard, click on the Details button in the top right-hand corner to open the project detail view.
- The Contacts section contains the list of project contacts.
- If the new person in charge is not in this list, click on the blue Add button to add them as needed.
- Otherwise, start typing the name you're looking for in the search bar.
- Select the name from the list.
- Click on Save.
- If the contact does not exist in Aidi, you can create it by clicking on Create contact. Please note that your access permissions may not allow you to create a new contact. In this case, please contact a person with administrator role in Aidi.
- Once your contact has been added, in the Contacts section, click on the options icon (the 3 dots) to the right of the contact's line.
- A menu of options opens, click on Set as Project Manager to make your contact a project manager.
✏️Note 1: Once designated as a project manager, the contact receives instant notification both in the Aidi notification center and in their e-mail inbox.
✏️Note 2: The contact's icon turns blue. Note that only one contact per project can be designated Project Manager in this way. The Project Manager as defined in this article is independent of the function or role column displayed in the Contacts section.