The purpose of the Dashboard is to give project managers a real-time overview of their project data such as costs, budgets and progress percentages.
This article aims to introduce Global indicators and to detail the calculations behind these elements of the Dashboard.
Introduction to Global Indicator
The Global indicator section allows you to manually update the different indicators and add explanatory comments if needed in order to share a quick visual of project progress with collaborators.
To update an indicator, you need to:
- Click on the Update button
- Select the status for each indicator that needs to be modified
- Add a comment (if needed)
- If a comment already exists for an indicator, replacing it will save the old comment in comment history
- Click Save to save your changes
To view the comments for each indicator, click on the icon .
You will also be able to see the history of previous statuses and comments, including the date and time of the update, and the name of the person who made each update.
Description of Financial items
- Displays the pre-tax dollar value of the first version of the budget
- This budget may have an Archived status (meaning it was replaced by a new budget)
- If no version is Archived, Aidi displays the current approved version
- If there are several components, the sum of the budgets corresponding to these criteria is displayed
- Pre-tax dollar value of the approved budget
- If there are multiple components, the approved budgets are added together
- Approved purchase orders and change orders, in dollars, before taxes
- Sum of all invoices before taxes, regardless of invoice status
- Reflects the pre-tax dollar value presented in the Cost summary
- These are engaged amounts + upcoming amounts
- Future amounts are: unapproved directives and ODCs, unapproved purchase orders, budget lines not yet committed, risks listed in the cost summary
- Subtraction of Trend from Revised Budget (Revised Budget - Trend)
- A negative amount is shown in red as a projected cost overrun
Total Projected Costs
- Projected costs are entered manually in the Cost Summary to by-pass or extrapolate the tendancy automatically calculated by Aidi.
Description of Advancement items
- Overall percentage progress of approved Payment requests
- This percentage is calculated as follows: cumulative total amount of Payment requests divided by (Purchase order amount + purchase order’s approved Change orders)
- If there are multiple Purchase orders using the Payment requests, this is the average
- Calculation based on project start and end dates
- These dates are defined in the project scheduler at the task level in order to allow a percentage of progress more representative of the reality of your projects
- This is the position of the current date in relation to the start and end dates
- Percentage of total amount of all invoices divided by total amount of all commitments (Purchase orders + approved Change orders)
- Percentage of total amount of all approved Change orders divided by the sum of all budget lines marked as Contingency